- Avoid heavy drinking alcohol and any drug use at least 48 hours prior to your tattoo appointment, as well as sun/bed tanning.
- Get a good night‘s sleep the night before your appointment. The more rested you are, the easier it will be for you and the artist to complete your tattoo session.
- It is very important that you eat and hydrate before your appointment. Heavier meals will help make your session easier to handle. Never get tattooed on an empty stomach.
- Due to circumstances outside of our control, your artist may fall behind schedule on rare occasions. If you are on a tight schedule the day of your appointment, please notify us at least 24 hours before your appointment and we will get you rescheduled.
Please note: If your skin is showing signs of inflammation, damage (including bruising in the desired area of the tattoo), or infection, we won’t be able to tattoo you. This includes, but is not limited to: skin showing signs that you’ve had an allergic reaction to something, a flare-up of eczema or acne, cuts, sunburn or peeling skin, severe dryness, fungal infection, scratches, blisters, or areas of broken or cracked skin. Tattoos can cause flare-ups of existing skin conditions, even if they are not near your planned tattoo site, so if any of the above are present, or you have any related concerns, please contact us via email as soon as possible!
A skin flare-up anywhere on the body can indicate an elevated immune system response, meaning that the skin may not react well to a tattoo. We expect that our clients notify us of any flair-ups, wounds, etc 48 hours before your session. If it’s not safe to tattoo you on the day of your appointment, your deposit will not be refunded.
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU FOR A SESSION:
- Remember to wear comfortable clothing that allows your artist to easily access the area your tattoo will be in!
- Headphones for listing to your music/watching videos
- A sweatshirt or blanket if you get cold easily
- A snack for a session longer than two hours (or if you haven’t eaten much)
- Your favorite non-alcoholic beverage
If you’re planning to use numbing cream, you must let us know in advance so we can ensure that we have additional time blocked for numbing to take effect. Failure to do so could result in us not being able to tattoo you on the scheduled day and forfeiting your deposit.
We do offer Painless Tattoo numbing cream as an upgrade option for your session for $25, which covers the cost of the cream itself. We can apply it for you after you fill out the consent form, then we’ll need to leave it on for the recommended amount of time (45 minutes to an hour) in order for numbing to take full effect.
- Numbing does not work for everyone.
- Numbing cream can change the texture of your skin and can make the process difficult for the artist, cause a reaction, or complicate the healing process, so it’s up to the individual artist if they will agree to tattoo you with it on.
- It is rare (but possible) to have an allergic reaction to the cream itself. Please read ingredients of the numbing cream we provide here.
Please know that if you decide not to numb your skin before your appointment but added the upgrade at booking, you will not be reimbursed in any way for the upgrade cost, as our schedule has been blocked for that additional hour.
- We’d greatly appreciate if cell phones/devices of any kind are put on silent before entering the studio, as they can cause distraction to your artist, as well as other artists in the studio.
- Videos/pics during your session are ok, but please be considerate of your artist’s need to focus.
- If you need a break, PLEASE TELL US! We’d rather take longer on the tattoo than have you feeling anything less than okay.
Please note: We request that you do not consult with friends/family on the phone during your appointment, about your design or placement. It’s very important to us that each person being tattooed is 100% in control of the process, for their own bodily autonomy. We need to be sure that we have your consent to do the tattoo without outside influence and be confident that you are able to take responsibility for your own decision-making as part of the process. Your artist will support you with advice, and help you try out different sizing and placement options whenever necessary. If you are unsure about placement, please tell us!
Communication is important! If you have any questions before, during or after your tattoo, please check out our Terms and Conditions and Frequently Asked Questions. If you don’t find an answer to your question, feel free to email us at [email protected].
To read our Terms and Conditions, click here.